Domarringar about 2500 years old
Dommaringar in Smålandsstenar or Småland's stones, located in Villstads parish in the municipality of Gislaved, is one of Småland's most imposing Dommaring graves and was built in the old Iron Age. Its older name was Skäppekullen before it was changed in 1805 to Smalestenar, where narrow refers to sheep and goats. It was changed again and was called in the church's lengths 1816-1820 "Smålandsstenar".
The grave field with five or six large Dommarrings is located in a flat, sandy area west of a double bend of Nissan and 1.5 km northeast of the central part of the small town Smålandsstenar. Adjacent to the graveyard lies Villstads Homestead. Dommaringar consist of six to twenty standing, or now the litter falls stones, while one of the rings has a block in their middle. In the largest of which twenty rocks are included, the diameter is 20 m. More graves have probably been found whose rocks have been removed to be included in other construction nations. Only at the beginning of the 19th century when pastor Daniel Nordin stated that the area contained irreplaceable ancient memories, the public realized that it should be preserved. In the past, it was thought that this has been an important meeting place between smiles, hermits and westerners, a view which, according to the County Administrative Board, is now considered to lack a historical background.
However, the location along Nissan and the ancient Nissastigen does not rule out that this has been a meeting place of significance, or an appeal for all those who traveled by road and water. As far as the name is concerned, it does not necessarily mean that it must come from just narrow, a grazing site for goats and sheep. It might as well be formed by small countries (settlements), which are part of the Småland province. The first name Skäppkullen can come from the ancient Swedish word ship in the meaning of the ships of justice, arrange, decide. That's the hill where you made a decision.